Tea Time, ChaTime!

Written By clapalisoc on Wednesday 9 November 2011 | 01:17

In the quest for healthy alternatives from the average Joe refreshments (like soft drinks, coffee, milk shakes, fruit shakes and all other smoothies), tea is becoming more and more popular. Stores offering milk teas, fruit teas and the likes all over the market -- from my all time favorite Tea.ology to Serenitea, here comes ChaTime!

ChaTime! Good Tea, Good Time!
ChaTime - Landmark
ChaTime, I believe, is of Taiwanese descent. It's menu is vast with selections such as milk teas, smoothies, oriental teas, energetic healthy juices, mousse, fresh teas and some special concoctions. It offers a variety of toppings like the usual pearl, pudding, coconut jelly, red bean and some unusual ones like aloe vera and grass jelly. Like in any other tea store, they will let you decide on the sweetness of your drink with their sugar level options -- 0%, 30%, 50% 80%, normal sugar or extra sugar (yes, extra please!). Moreover, they will also give you some ice options -- no ice, less ice, normal ice and extra ice. Their prices are reasonable, ranging from 70 to 100Php.

People are lining up!
While surveying Glorietta on a fine Sunday morning, we passed by ChaTime, it being strategically located along the alley that links The Landmark and Glorietta. I made a full stop and checked on what they offered. Since I was in a green tea hunt that day, I decided to give their Matcha Red Bean milk tea a go.

ChaTime's Matcha Red Bean Milk Tea (L) for 100php
 Just as I expected it to be, the rich green tea Matcha flavor did not disappoint me and did it's wonders. I'm not really a fan of red beans but combining it with this drink (I think) is a good idea -- something to munch on other than the quite common jellies or pearl.

The gadget!
Gotta love ChaTime!
I don't know who started it but this buzzer thing has been the fad in tea stores. It's actually a very ingenious idea deviating from the usual number that's given while you wait (it calls your attention by its blinky lights and vibration).

There are still a lot of milk teas to sample here, there and all around to which I am expecting that more stores will open up to join in the craze. 'Til the next tea adventure!



---ChaTime : Landmark, Ayala Center, Makati City

***you can also find them here:
---75 C. Nicanor Roxas St., Banawe, Quezon City
---Pioneer Center, 8006 Pioneer cor. United St.Pasig City
---Robinsons Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave. Quezon City
---SM City North EDSA, North Ave. Quezon City
---SM Mall of Asia, Bay Blvd. Pasay City
---207-B Wilson St. San Juan
SHARE

About clapalisoc

I am a workaholic mom who is also trying to be the best wife ever. I am a self proclaimed food lover, a frustrated cook and pastry master. I have a thing for books and scrap booking fills up my free time. Blogging? It's something I do once in a while when I can squeeze in some "me time" in this super busy life.

1 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram Stills | #foodfanaticph